Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Restaurant Hoshigaoka - Safra Toa Payoh

*Food Tasting Session*

Home is where the Heart is, And so is Food. My Heart always has a spot for all things Japanese. Even though I'm craving for Korean Food nowadays, It doesn't mean that I do not miss my Sashimi and Tonkatsu. Hehe *Glutton Alert*

With 40 years of rich history in serving authentic Japanese cusine, Restaurant Hoshigaoka has recently revamped their menu, for both ala carte and also the kids menu, available at all 4 outlets!

I simply adore potato salads at Japanese Food Joints. Some have really creamy smooth potatoes, some are chunky, some even have crunchy apples and carrots in them! What I liked about Restaurant Hoshigaoka's version is that they have my favouritest thing from japan on it, MENTAI! Chunky Potato Salad with Mentai and Salad on the side, I could have it for dinner and it would leave me satisfied!
Mentai Potato Salad
The Kids Menu got a Revamp too! They can choose from Aeroplane, train or Bento Sets! Oooooh So Cute! The kids meal also comes with all time kids favourite - Yakult and snacks like Hello Panda and Jelly! I so Envy!
Aeroplane Kids Meal
Highlight of the night would be this Goma Beef Houba Yaki. Slices of 30 days Aged New Zealand Rib Eye beef is a melt in your mouth sensation with the aroma of the goma sauce is sheer delight to the palate!
Goma Beef Houba Yaki
Tender Codfish(My Favourite!) with Black pepper sauce, Simple and satisfying. It comes with sides like Salmon Sashimi, Fried chicken kaarage, goma tofu, miso soup and fruits! Just by looking at it makes me feel like digging in already, so many things to eat on 1 plate!! 
Black Pepper Gindara Teishoku
With a history of more than 30 years, The Hoshigaoka Zen comes with an appetiser, salmon sashimi salad, tempura, gindara teriyaki, beef misoyaki, rice, miso soup, chawanmushi and matcha ice cream. The presentation itself is so Instagram worthy!! And everything you see is fresh and I enjoy the various textures of the different items, only regret is that the beef was tough to bite.
Hoshigaoka Zen
Complimentary Green Tea Ice Cream with Azuki Beans for Hoshigaoka Zen Set





Salmon Sushi Roll ~ A Classic which I could just pop in to my mouth effortlessly (Oh my god my mouth is huge!!!) Fresh Salmon with Crunchy and colourful vegetables makes it really pleasing!
Salmon Sushi Roll

And a dessert to end it all off, Tempura Ice Cream is really common in Japanese food places and Restaurant Hoshigaoka's version is really awesome!!! Vanilla ice cream in cream puff, covered in tempura batter and fried to perfect crisp, then drizzled with strawberry sauce, Give me moreeeeeee!
Tempura Ice Cream

Thank you Restaurant Hoshigaoka for the invite, It's been a wonderful experience dining there.



With Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment